Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on for low & slow tonite

Options
SWOkla-Jerry
SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a favorite recipe for potato salad? Or anyother side dish that would go with brisket. I have cooked the baked beans with apple pie filling, and it was excellent. Looking for different ideas.

Comments

• BamaBackdraft
    BamaBackdraft Posts: 318
    Options
    Don't measure anything just go by feel. Hard boil some eggs. Boil potatoes whole with skins on until they start to get soft. Once they are soft enough to insert a knife with a little resistance, drain and cooldown in icewater or fridge. Once cool, scrape off peel with butterknife and cube tater into @ 1/2" cubes. Chop the peeled eggs and throw on top of taters. Fine dice up some green onions and put on top of taters. Then I mix up mayo with just a touch of dijon mustard, splash of hot sauce, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper and pour on top of taters. Mix well and adjust seasoning to taste. If using red taters I don't scrape off the peel. Sorry about the lack of measurements. Just a feel and look thing ;)