Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Potatoes

TommyTommy Posts: 116
edited 6:25AM in EggHead Forum
My crowd just does not like hard skin.
I like to butter and salt and pepper potatoes then grill them until they are done but my kids don't care for the skin that way.
I was in a hurry tonight so all I did was wash the potatoes and put them on the grill for about 30 minutes then I wrapped them in foil.
They had a wonderful smoky flavor with a soft skin, big hit.
Sorry no pics.

Comments

• Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
    Have you tried brining the potatoes?
  • "A diet that consists predominantly of rice leads to the use of opium, just as a diet that consists predominantly of potatoes leads to the use of liquor."
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), German philosopher

the history of the potato
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    That's a new one to me, what does it do for them? -RP
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/bakedpotato.htm

never brined a baked but i boiled some in sea water [was making lobster in maine]
    they turned out more like baked than boiled the salt sucked the water out of the potato and put a little salt in they were dry inside not at all mushy.
    bill
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Hope it's Vodka