Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Style Grate Is Great

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am really having fun with KennyG’s Large BGE.[p]Last night I fired up Mr. Big in turbo mode. CharWoody’s combination ceramic and expanded metal charcoal grate set the temperature sky high in no time at all.[p]I threw on a Sirloin Steak that was coated in Original Char Crust. The thermometer had lapsed back to the 50-degree mark, so it was HOT. I cooked the steak for three minutes per side and a three-minute rest. Right before the rest period, I threw on a skewer of Fresh Mushrooms. After I took the steak off, I left the mushrooms sit for about another three minutes.[p]The steak was a little overdone for my taste, but the wife and kids loved it. The mushrooms were a little underdone, but I like them that way. [p]I really want to bake something while I have the large. It will be either French Bread or Pizza.[p]Good Eats,
RhumAndJerk

Comments