Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Newbie ? for standing rib roast

edited 9:36AM in EggHead Forum
Using our egg for the 1st time and we're doing a 2.5lb standing rib roast. Since it's so small, should we cook it like a steak (high and fast sear) or longer. We usually smoke these for 1.5 hrs on our grill.[p]Any tips/suggestions appreciated.[p]Thanks,
Allison

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    prime3.jpg
    <p />Allison,[p]You picked a not good 1st time cook. Prime rib is not a cheap cut and so is one you want to do right - the first time. I have done 3 and the first was the worst. My first I did at too low a temp and it took longer than I expected. You can see some pics and results at my website. [p]http://www.tm52.com/bge/[p]
    Tim

[/b]
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    Allison,
    Sounds somewhat small to do as a roast.
    I'd consider slicing it into 2 nice steaks. Maybe even debone it. Then cook it direct at 700 + degrees for 3 minutes a side and then dwell till done to your liking.
    B D