Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner

Options
Judge
Judge Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, New egg owner and happy to be here. I have only used it a couple of times now and all I have to say is WOW! I forgot the taste of charcoal. I also bought one of those DigiQ II for slow cooking. I did a couple of rib steaks to start ( I know should not do it until seal is set). They had a taste I forgot about. Then I did a BBQ beer can chicken, with the digi and wow!. Right now I am doing 3-2-1 ribs and can hardly wait.

I finally got it! Now who do I sue over my soon to be expanding waste line? :evil:

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your egg.

The egg sure opens up a fun way to play with food. Looking forward to hearing about your ribs.

GG
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I know you are joking, but if you are prone to gaining weight, it will happen. I have been hanging around the same weight, give or take a few pounds, since high school. Now 25 years later, I've began gaining weight. No doubt it is from cooking all that food on the egg. I've eaten everything from pork to chicken to beef to bologna. Who knows what all is in that. The one constant...."it's all gooooood".

Welcome and post often with lots of pics.
  • redneckadventure
    Options
    Congrats on your new egg I just got one too. I have not tried cooking steaks yet. How did you do it and it did not hurt your seal? Looking forward to learning.
  • MS_STATE_Dawg
    Options
    welcome J.D.
    I too have ribs on, only 4 more hours!
    Welcome to the forum, and again, post pictures!
    Goodluck with your ribs and let us know how they turn out.
  • Judge
    Options
    Nope did not hurt the seal. All is well. An I actually have purchased 2 types of lump. One for fast and hot and one for slow and low. I am not saying it is okay to do but in my case that real hot first cook did not hurt the seal at all
  • Judge
    Options
    BTW J.D. = Judge and thanks for the welcome, and I sure will let you all know how ribs turn out. I am taking pics a matter of fact
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Welcome this is a great forum where the members are most helpful.

Regarding the expanding waistline Just suck it in or wear a girdle as weight gainis inevitble. But another alternative is you could cook and just freeze everything.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Welcome aboard. The only requirement is that you share pics and recipes of your cooks.

Congrats on your purchase.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    J.D.,
    welcome to the club and post your pic!
    DSCN2674.jpg
    DSCN2678.jpg
    DSCN2632.jpg
    DSCN2572.jpg
    DSCN2459.jpg
    DSCN2341.jpg
    DSCN2301.jpg
    Here are a few of mine, Good luck on your cooking and pictures.
    My Best,
    Ross
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    Welcome to the Club! I have found this forum very helpful and am sure you will as well.

On the waistline issue, buy a good pair of running shoes :laugh:

TC
  • bmlove
    bmlove Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey Ross in Ventura,

that is one kewl looking table. I like the idea, may I steal it? lol wondering where the cart came from? Sam's Club/Costco/Home Depot? Hope to be getting my new Large egg this next payday :) looking forward to it. Had a small but had to leave it behind when I moved to new state. Boy do I miss it.

thank for all the pics too..man I'm hungry.

bmlove
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Just go on line look foe 2x4 kitchen carts.
    Good Luck,
    Ross