Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question for the Eggsperts

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I will be missing out on this years Waldorf I will still be cooking up a storm on the egg for my daughters 21st birthday. I figured let me ask my brisket question before the Eggsperts start their travels to Waldorf. I picked up a 15 lb Angus Packer's cut today for the birthday festivities on Sunday. Dinner is scheduled for around 4PM so I am figuring about 1.5 hrs per pound for the brisket to cook and 2 - 3 hrs. resting in the cooler. I will be cutting off the point when the brisket is ready to come off the egg and will finish cooking the point for burnt ends later in the week. That should make my starting time for the brisket at 3PM on Sat. Does this sound about right?

Safe travel to Waldorf and pop a cold on for me and Chris. Oh and don't forget to post the Waldorf pics so I can see what I missed :-(
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Pitmaster
    Pitmaster Posts: 74
    Options
    RR...sounds about right. But go by temp of the brisket. Sometimes they'll fool ya and take less time. Good luck!

John
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Sounds about right RR and dont feel too bad about missing Waldorf...I've got a son graduating college in a week and getting married later in the year, not to mention various and sundry repairs to my house that I'll be doin this summer..so not much travelin for me either!! :sick: :( :blink: