Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

who else wants to play in DC on friday?

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
taking most of friday off. . ..tjv (the egger formerly known as sandbagger) will be hanging with me in DC on friday afternoon/evening .. . anyone else want to join us? ... no set plans yet, i'm open to doing whatever the touristas are up to. ... museums, tours around town, eastern market visit, lunch somewhere.. . .its all up to you ... i will just be your guide :cheer:

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Wish we could, but we get in too late on Friday. Spending Sunday at the aquarium and hiking over to Bertha's. Please join us for that if you can! The Bertha's part. I'm sure your aquarium-ed out.

mShark
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Hey Max,
    Joan and I are interested. Let us know details when you can.......
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    john, i will. . . .anything you guys would like to see/do on friday?. ..
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    gotcha .. . sunday i'm giving al katz and his wife the DC tour, and at some point i have to get sydney back on the bus/train to NY (did i say she was coming down friday night to join us on saturday - yay!) . ..so i'm afraid baltimore is out for me on sunday. .bummer ...sure glad i turned you on to bertha's though :cheer: . .right across the street is a really good bar as well. ..appropriately named "max's" (i make them sell me stuff at 10% discount since they stole my name) ...
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    If you want to hear some good blues, Dave Sherman (who I'm playing with at the Fest) will be at Surf Club Live (formerly Chick Hall's Surf Club) that night. He'll be featuring two great local singers, Marianna Previti & Mary Shaver.

www.myspace.com/surfclublive
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Nothing in particular......we just love the city and enjoy hanging out. Just thought about this, but, how much trouble are we going to have getting back out of town in order to make the meet and greet? :sick:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    if you leave by 3:30 - 4:00, you won't have any trouble at all (depending on where we are at the time) ... . i'll give you a call sometime today/tomorrow to firm things up. .. .
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I'm landing DCA around 10:30 am friday if anyone needs a lift, wheels up sunday 7:20 am though. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Tom, why so early on Sunday? You won't be any fun at the after party, of course you weren't much fun at the OK after party either. -RP
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Are you just gonna have Chubby mail his wallet up to you to hold for a few months to avoid all the drama this year?
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I'm up for it and will have a car.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Max:

EggHatter & I may be up for some play in DC also. We get to BWI at 10:30am and need to get down to Waldorf to buy some stuff for Saturday, but after that are ready to go. Let us know what is going on.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    hey dorkmaster! did you mention a while back that you were gonna be coming up here, and suggest getting together for shenanigans, tomfoolery, and muchibus alcoholum et swinum et bovinum, and then NOT tell us when you came up here? or did you end up not coming up here anyway?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    sorry pal. ..i did end up in bedford for the day last wednesday, but unfortunately it was one of those deals where i took the 6:30 am usair shuttle into logan, company transportation picked me up, took me to the office for an all day meeting, than back to logan for the 6;30 shuttle home. ... didn't have time to even sniff the air for a pearl. ..had lunch at the company cafeteria :( :( :(

next time ...next time . ..