Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited 10:26AM in EggHead Forum
<p />Well the big cook was a huge success, the egg continues to work its wonders. 45 previously hungry people just left completely satisfied. The brisket, a whole, untrimmed, 14 pounder was the best I have ever done (but I admit only my 3rd). I'm so glad Citizen Q talked me into doing the whole thing. I'm not sure if cooking it under the butts helped but it certainly didn't hurt. The best compliments of the night were from a girl from Georgia who loved the pulled pork and a guy from Texas that said the brisket made him think of home. Cole slaw and beans (with some PP added) rounded out the meal. All in all a great day.[p]Chuck <><

• BobbyGBobbyG Posts: 67
    What was the total time of your cook? Just curious as that was a big endavor! Great work !
    See ya,Bob

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    Also, what was the drip pan on the left Egg resting on?

• ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    BobbyG,[p]Total cook time was 20 hours. I took everything off at the same time. Internal butt temp was 200* and the brisket was about 190*. The brisket was so moist and tender you could pull it like the pork. Now I can't wait for my lunch leftovers.[p]Chuck
    Marvin,[p]Both setups used an inverted plate setter (with foil), drip pan on the setter and the the two levels of meat on the grid and extender sitting on the setter legs. The plate setters work so well for low and slow indirects.[p]Chuck
  • Chuck,[p]What was your dome temperature.[p]Ron
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Chuck,[p]Great looking dinner. Should have been 46. :>)[p]Next to YB, you have the best backdrop. Is that a lake in the background? Sure smells like one.[p]Mick

210* from 6pm to 9am then I bumped it up to 250*. Dome temp and grid temp were about the same with the raised grid and ceramic mass under the meat.[p]Chuck <><

<p />MickeyT.,[p]Yes it is a lake or pond depending on where you are from. It is about 35 acres. I live on the end of a cove which is what you see. Got some decent sized fish in it too. Not a bad view to egg by huh?[p]Chuck <><

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Chuck,[p]You are a lucky and blessed man. A beautiful shot of paradise.