Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip Chimichurri

Options
Large Marge
Large Marge Posts: 404
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried my first tri-tip tonight- used a Bobby Flay chimichurri marinade, vacuum-sealed it for about 45 mins then seared @ 650, rested for 12 mins, cooked @ 400 until 130 in the center. Sublime!

IMG_3578.jpg
IMG_3579.jpg

some refried black beans, tortillas, and wife's own slaw to take away the kick...
IMG_3582.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks great!!! mind sharing the chimichurri recepie?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Options
    Bobby Flay Chimichurri Marinade:

In a food processor until smooth:

6 cloves garlic
    3 fresh bay leaves (I skipped this)
    2 jalapenos
    1 tbs kosher salt
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    1 tbs ancho chile powder
    1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
    1/4 cup chopped oregano leaves (I used dry, not as much)
    1/3 cup olive oil

I added- a few squirts of lemon juice to help the blender puree it all, and I didn't have ancho powder so I mixed 1/2 tbs of regular chile powder with 1/2 tbs of chipotle chile powder- all mixed up well enough! Curious what "authentic" chimichurri should comprise...thx!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb