Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tiny V-Rack for Mini?

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 2:01PM in EggHead Forum
I'll get these little 3 lb roasts which fit wondrously in the mini..but would them them raised off the rack or not sitting in the pan (9" foil pans fit perfectly). I haven't seen anything that would fit in the mini to raise the meat just a bit off the grill so it doesn't stew in its own juice (quite literally). Anyone come up with anything workable???[p]Thanks...mShark

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,931
    MollyShark,
    You might try one of those inexpensive wire trivets that sit up about half an inch. I've seen them in the $1.00 store. They should fit neatly inside an aluminum pan. [p]I wish I had a mini to go with my large.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Spring Chicken,[p]To tell the truth, I use the mini more than the large...particularly when there is just 2 of us. Doesn't even use enough lump to sneeze at and gets up to temp in no time at all. I love that thing. Perfect for fish since you can usually cut it into pieces that fit in those 9" pans also. The wire trivit sounds like a workable thing. I'll see if I can find one![p]Thanks![p]mShark
  • Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
    MollyShark, I use aluminum foil rolled into logs. They keep the meat outta the juices and they can be formed to fit any pan. It works well for me! Hope this helps.

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    MollyShark,
    I had a 1-1/2"x9" stainless steel ring made for the mini and bought a extra grate from the egg store...Sometimes I use the extra grate on a 8-1/2" pie pan...Works great.
    Larry

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    miniring.jpg
    <p />MollyShark,
    Here is a picture of the ring and extra grate.
    Larry