Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken and veggies..

ILL--EGGER
ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just tried some indirect cooking with thighs and a couple chicken breasts over a pan of veggies. Turned out pretty good but not my favorite. Still worth shareing and maybe changing a bit to try again sometime.
DSCN2356.jpg
DSCN2355.jpg

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Steve,
    did you use a rub? A plain jane yard bird can be kinda dull.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    i am not sure i get the whole concept. i haved seen a lot of posts lately about cooking veggies in a pan under the chicken and i am not sure what that is all about. i would think that you would want the veggies on top so as not to get a pan full of them swimming in rendered chicken fat.
    maybe someone can shed some light on this for me....................
  • ILL--EGGER
    I used Tsunami Spin. The flavor was great on the chicken overall but just prefer it grilled I guess. The veggies under the chicken was a first for us and just "ok" as I'd rather just steam them or use a grill basket next time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    I've been seeing the same thing and thought I'd give it a shot to see how it turns out. Not my favorite but it definitly could of been worse ;) . Will stick to grilling or steaming veggies in the future here.