Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food Slicer Recommendations

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a food slicer...not industrial strength, but for a weekend warrior. Thanks in advance for the information.

Comments

• DuckEgger
    Options
    I recently purchased Chef's Choice 610 Premium Electric Food Slicer from Amazon for less then $100... Shipping and Handling aside. This machine has a 7 inch cutting blade, which makes it one of the smaller units available. Since I do not have the biggest kitchen, the smaller size is appreciated. So far have used it to slice some pastrami and buckboard bacon I made, not to mention cheese and some other deli meats. It is fairly easy to clean.

You can do a web search using the terms Electric Food Slicer Review and you will get all sorts of articles. Good Luck.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I'd email WessB...or "Ping" him here...(he especially likes that)!!

He has some expertise in the slicer, (and Jerky makin'for that matter)... area!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I was just curious of what others have and their experiences, because this will be my next purchase.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I use a Chef's Choice Model 632 with a serrated and regular blade. Very versatile and fairly easy to clean.

Check amazon for good prices.
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    I decided a couple of weeks ago to add a slicer to my toy box. I researched quite a few customer comments and recommendations and finally decided on the Chef's Choice model 630/632. I bought the 630 as the only difference between the two was the tilt function on the 632 and the $50 additional cost. Didn't need the tilt feature and found a use for the $50 so decision was made.

So far, the slicer works great, and is reasonably easy to clean.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • tomo
    tomo Posts: 78
    Options
    I also have the 632 and think it is great. The only negative comment I have ever seen is by some guy who complained about the fact that you can't put it in the dishwasher. This is true, but it is so easy to clean that using a dishwasher would be a waste of time....tom
  • does "fairly easy to clean" mean that you can easily remove all the contact parts and wash them?

thanks

ken