Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Newbie

Options
Salty Dog
Salty Dog Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Fellow Eggheads!!
After thinking about it for way too long, I finally made the plunge and got my first Egg. Went with the large BGE, which was delivered today, and I couldn't be happier! As a New Yorker, you usually have to know some folks from the South to make introductions with the Egg.. I'm lucky that way, so I was confident that it would be all I expected. Spent the afternoon playing with it to get some experience starting and and adjusting the temp. Only took me an hour to get it lit-off the first time... down to 15 minutes the second...With a light breeze I found the temperature/vent opening thing pretty straight-forward (we'll see how I do on a cold windy day in good time...)
Did a pork roast on a cedar plank for the maiden run.... wow.......... (although the wife and daugher suggest pulling it off at 140F for a SHORT rest instead of 145 F for a long one...)
Now I'm an "Egger" for life......
Looking forward to learning from the "pro's" that share tips and techniques here. Maybe in a year or two I might even have something to contibute, who knows? :):):):)

Comments