Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Egg community

jamiemeyer
jamiemeyer Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All,
This forum is great - I learn everyday from techniques posted by others, and will continue to do so.
I am at that point in eggdom that I want to interact with others, especially those in my area.
I would like to identify local "eggsperts", and do not see a way via this forum to do so.
Is there a way to become a "member" of a local community here at the forum?
Specifically, how do I identify forum attendees that are local to me? Apart from the chance meetings here in the message forum, what are the options?
I am signed up for the Eggfest here in Austin, and I expect to meet many of the local folks. Apart from that, waht options exist?
Seems like a great opportunity for the forum here.

Thoughts??

Jamie

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Welcome to the "CULT". Why not tell the Eggheads where you are and someone may jump in an say Howdy! I live in Florida so you are a little far away for this project.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    It would be great to see where people are egging from... the best way to meet eggers is at an Egg-fest :) That is the only way I know how :(
    ~Pharmeggist
    :silly: P.S. I live in Prattville, AL
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    That was one thing the old forum had that was great in the forum profile. Everyone didn't list their location. Even if you listed just a state that gives someone an idea of what area your in.

Someone created a Frapper map at one point. I'm sure it is out there somewhere.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    There was an idea at one time for members to show their area but that fizzled out.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    You can always do like Big Un just did...throw a party at your house...now that was a fun way to meet people...once you meet people at the local eggfest you will know their names and where they live...then just have a party

Thanks again Todd...I already have Nov 1 circled on the calendar...... :P
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    HERE is the link to a map where eggers live feel free to add yourself ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb