Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Rolls

Options
Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some things are just better fried! Tried these shrimp rolls, egg wash and high heat. They did not turn out to well :laugh:
DSCN1607.jpg

Comments

• BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    They may not have turned out great but at least you gave it a try! Too often I back away from trying something because I can't imagine that it will work the way I think it should...then I'm pleasantly suprised when actually does!

Keep it up!

Bruce
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I wonder if a light coat of oil might have helped.
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. From the most of the post it seems like there is only success on the egg. Don't get me wrong the egg is great and I have some staples that I can nail every time.

I have however done some things that the wife nicely refers to as "one time tries". That means it was tried one time and I should not try again.

I don't remember who posted this but I love the saying "If it was all great everything would be average".
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. From the most of the post it seems like there is only success on the egg. Don't get me wrong the egg is great and I have some staples that I can nail every time.

I have however done some things that the wife nicely refers to as "one time tries". That means it was tried one time and I should not try again.

I don't remember who posted this but I love the saying "If it was all great everything would be average".
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    are you saying that deep frying is different on the stove top. i dont know whats more dangerous, frying on the stove indoors or on the egg outdoors. this was the makings of some szechuan orange chicken, something that really smokes the house up when the thai peppers get stir fried. i keep the egg open, bottom vent sealed closed for this cook and keep the oil to a minimum in a wok, egg rolls could be done
    100_1761.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    How high of heat? I have nothing but luck with burritos and eggwash. 450 indirect.

bur3.jpg

Did you preheat the stone? That is a no no.

Mike
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    dang Mike!...them look good! :woohoo:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Thanks, I feel the need to try egg rolls now. :woohoo:
    Have a long week of cooking, brisket marinating tonight. Trying breakfast burritos later, even the eggs cooked on the egg.

Mike
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    cool...I'm jealous...cooked all weekend and eatin the leftovers..heh..gonna make some burgers tomorrow night..but then off to Syracuse to visit my daughter Fri thru Mon..so NO egging!!...first weekend in a year I haven't egged prolly! :(
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Did they just look bad and taste OK? Or did they taste bad too. Sometimes, if you just close your eyes, you can get by with problem cooks. :laugh: (Believe me, I know)
  • Angie2B
    Options
    I've had my share of egg failures, but 9/10 it's my fault. :blush: Dad burn it! :cheer:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    You're joking right? About closing your eyes? Rule of thumb, if it can't get past your nose, it shouldn't go in your mouth. :woohoo:

Mike
  • Angie2B
    Options
    HEHE yeah I was trying to be funny. :laugh: