Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Kabob Marinade, lookinf for something new

Lizard DraggerLizard Dragger Posts: 99
edited 4:49AM in EggHead Forum
Good morning all,

I have some thick pork loin chops that I'm going to cube and skewer for kabobs tonight. I am looking for some new marinade ideas, something other than the old standby Mojo and others we usually use. Got any good ones to try??? I am going to skewer the veggies seperately but would like to use the same marinade for both.

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,238
    This might give you a change in flavor. Great with grilled pineapple.

Here is a site that has several oriental sauces and marinades. Usually found in most oriental grocery stores. I like to do baby backs with the char sui marinade. Just use the powder like a rub.

http://www.spiced.com/SPICED/SKU/NOH/content.htmlsiy

Marinade, Pork, Chinese, Char Siu, QSis

here's one I've done many times, using a recipe from Paul Kirk's book. It turns the loin into those delicious red-tipped pork slices you get on a pu-pu platter. Only better since it's cooked on a smoker. If you wanted to cook the marinade down, it will thicken.

Ingredients
    1/2 cup sugar
    3 Tbs sweet sherry
    2 Tbs soy sauce
    1/2 cup hoisin sauce
    2 tsp minced fresh ginger
    1/2 tsp five-spice powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp red food coloring

Procedure
    1 Mix the sugar into the sherry and soy sauce until sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
    2 Paul says he uses it mostly on pork strips and country-style ribs. He marinates those pieces for 2-4 hours. I marinate the pork loin overnight.
    3 Cook to 140 degrees internal temperature.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Marinade

Recipe Source
    Author: Paul Kirk, QSis

Source: BGE Forum, QSis, 2003/12/22
  • might be too late for this one, but mario batali has a great bacon wrapped pork kabob recipe in his nascar cookbook and it looks like this

2jan07-034.jpg