Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Earthquake..Any Illianas feel it?

Options
Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It woke me up....but I didn't really feel anything. Had to get the lowdown from daughter and hubby. :ohmy:

PS-Guess it was a 5.4.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Maybe it was just someone in the neighborhood playing a Carole King album too loud LOL

Spring "Moved My Earth Too" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Angie2B
    Options
    HeHe.....no it really happened. The news guys are saying the epicenter was in southern IL, but we felt it over here in Indy. Well those of us that didn't sleep through most of it. :blush:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    We slept right through it and so did our two dogs. Normally the youngest one hears everything and raises a ruckus. People are reporting on a local blog about old houses having rattling windows for 45 seconds.

Reminds me in the 80's I was in my basement workshop when one occurred. I had just seen some spooky sci-fi movie and when it hit all the lights started swinging and I about wet myself! :laugh: :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Angie2B
    Options
    Hubby said our windows rattled for about 20-30 seconds too. I remember the one from the`80's though. I thought the neighborhood kids were throwing balls against the side of our house! HaHa!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it's normal to wet yourself in your 80's once and a while. I might suggest some depend undergarments if it becomes a regular thing. I use them myself to save me the trip upstairs, frankly. This sounds like it was a while ago, too. Do you mind if i ask how old you are now?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I'm about 250 miles northeast of the epicenter. I thought it was a storm front coming thru, rattling the windows. When I looked out later, and saw everything dry, was a bit perplexed. At work, another guy said a lamp in his bedroom rattled for about 20 seconds. He thought it was maybe a train.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Dhuff was in St. Louis, it woke them up because the bed was shaking. :woohoo: There are reports, people in KC felt it.

Mike
  • Fossil Frank
    Options
    Woke me up at about 5:30 and we had an aftershock about 11:30 AM. I'm just west of Indianapolis
    Frank
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I slept through the original quake (my wife woke me up at 4:45 to ask if I had felt it), but I did feel an aftershock at 10:15 CDT. The whole house just kinda....shifted...to the left about 1/4" and back. The place creaked and clinked a bit and that was it.