Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Beer or Bev?

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The food photos on this forum are the best.
Some dedicated Eggers even go the extra step
and set up the whole meal including drink.
It's fun to see the variety of beer, wine or bev
of choice sitting next to the BBQ or steak.
A post this morning got me thinking again.
This Goose Island beer is close to my number one choice but it's not sold in Texas and that gives it
a couple more bonus points.
Darian

Lets see yours.

GooseIsland.jpg
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Ayinger Brau Weisse is my all time favorite. -RP
    beer.jpg
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,745
    Options
    they took all my sam adams lager off the shelf because of glass in the bottles so its shipyard fuggles ipa right now. been finding the glass for about a month before they recalled it all. i really like that polygamy porter out west because it means im on a trout fishing trip, and that bahamian bitter guinness served cold cold cold means im flats fishing. i wish the guinness here had the same bite to it. then theres the draft guinness in the kegs, not the extra stout stuff, and a floating kegg of cherry wheat at iceout tied to the dock is hard to beat. with all this good beer, why egg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I've only had this at their brew pub in Washington, D.C., but this was the best beer I've ever had:

298326506_17a0546bbd.jpg
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Sam Adams is the best mass-market beer around, IMHO. Very good stuff.
  • Big Hairy Dawg
    Options
    Big Hairy Dawg is on the Sam Adams bandwagon also...

I buy the variety pack at BJ's and like all of them. Great way to fill the beer fridge with a lot of different options...
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Appleton's Estate Rum V\X

If I was going to risk the crabs in a beer then it would only be for Hoepfner Brau. Lucky me it's only sold where it's brewed Karlsruhe, Germany Though when I did drink beer it was either Carolina Pale Ale or Sam Adams if'n I had a choice.

Iron Horse's old vine Zin or their Merlot. I don't care if I am eating fish or beef.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dessert type beers are good to, this one would be hard to categorize
    100_1240.jpg

for a good steak dinner this one is impossible to beat for a stout drinker

100_1063.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I love Hefe Weizen or Weisse. Never had that one.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Your second photo is the full meal deal.
    I remember it from an earlier posts, hard to forget.
    A Young's double chocolate stout would not be bad either.
    We went to England seveal years ago and had poor luck finding good food but good luck finding great beer.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ChefBrian
    ChefBrian Posts: 172
    Options
    I like them all- so much in fact the only one I have been drinking for about 5 years is the Odules Amber.

You can tell alot about a person by looking into the refrigerator-
    2814124670067287234S600x600Q85.jpg
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    I drink Michlobe Ultra and a good Merlot wine.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    honestly, just a sam adams is great for me. if it's summer, usually a tequila or tanqueray and tonic. winter, scotch. or an everyday wine. the only one's i ever took pics of were special occasions, with some wines i'll never see again. they were a combination of celebratory (40th birthday) and some i got relatively cheaply from a friend selling his flashier stuff. these are some memorable ones and NOT indicative of what we drink all the time or of income level! ...just once-in-a-lifetime.

'57 ch. lafite.
    07deadsoldier.jpg

a maudite. good stuff. i have another of their beers in the fridge ready to go..
    mauditebeerandribeye.jpg

a '66 Ch. Haute Brion La Mission
    tritip1966.jpg

a '66 Pape Clement (these were leftover wellingtons for lunch. didn't really drink the wine with these. had a '66 Lafite though, the night before!)

wellingtonleftovers.jpg

apparently didn't take pics of the '66 Chev. Blanc or Lafite.
    good thing. starting to look a little fancy-pants.

here's my effort one day at cleaning out the liquor cabinet. I finished off these three. granted, i did not also START them that day. just making space

deadsoldiers.jpg

no, it's not always booze and wine. sometiumes i like a tall icewater, too. hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i still have my beer out on the stoop, not a drop in the fridge. right now my fridge says im a tea totaling vegatarian.
    fukahwee maine

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    depends on the day thr time of day and the meal

alcohol003.jpg

alcohol001.jpg

alcohol002.jpg

ribeye2015.jpg
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Very nice. I like the test tube spice rack in the back ground also.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    This thread certainly brought ol' Fishlessman out of the fridg.

I cn't drink much beer but I do like a nice Mint Julep in the summertime.
    MintJulip.jpg
  • stike
    Options
    some other stuff in the background... my kid's piggy bank (NO! i did not smash it to buy the iwne!), a dora-the-explorer bowl, a world-map placemat, and i'm sure some other stuff. someday i'm afraid i'll post a pic like that fat guy selling a metal teapot on eBay. when you look close, you could see his naked massivity in the reflection.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    This is a man with priorities!
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Nice choices in scotch, Stike. I'm a big fan of The Balvenie, myself, but actually prefer the 12 year-old over the 15. Call me a rebel.
  • stike
    Options
    i have the doublewood in the cabinet, actually. damn good stuff.
    have a dalwhinnie 15 yr in there, cragganmore, and i think another 'everyday' french finished glenlivet tucked in the back now, with gin and tequila moved to the front. summer!
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Yep, time to break out the Tangueray and limes. It's been cool enough here lately to have a scotch at night, tho'.

Nice lineup of the whisky. I also have Lagavulin, but that's a deep-winter scotch...so smokey, you'd think it was done on the Egg. I need to replenish my stock come fall.

Cheers, mate.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    That is a tough one to answer.I have always been a fan of hand crafted micro beers or the full bodied brews that come from Europe. On a local level we have Clipper City Brewing in Baltimore that has won numerous awards that I sure do enjoy.Loose Canyon is a favorite which has a ABV of 7.25. and available year round.Check out their web site and you find a few seasonal brews in which the ABV will get to 10.0 .This can be purchased from Main to Florida and Illinois to the west. But as Chris always says BEERS.Ping him and see what his favorite is.To those that will be in Waldorf you can ask him up front while he is cooking.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    That is the best place to keep it this time of year unless a questionable neighbor lives next door to you and you ask your self will the beer be there when you wake up.I keep my stash on the lower shelf of the Egg table with the cover on.So far no problems unless the kids see me in the process of covering it up.If that should happen it would vanish for sure.
  • I have a liking to Ardbeg Uigeadail myself, a fantastic cask strength single malt.

Sadly very very hard to find in Ontario Canada :(
  • stike
    Options
    in highschool, i spent summers choking back crappy michelob, thinking that'swhat beer was, might as well pretend to like it.

then, senior year trip to germany and the teacher orders us weissbier. aaaaaaaaah. now HERE we go.. THIS is something i could actually enjoy. 17, and the teacher buying us beer. gotta love it.

of course, another teacher snuck me into to a bar in vermont at 17 so we could cruise for chicks during a weekend trip hunting. we didn't meet up with any chicks, and we didn't get any deer, either. hahaha
    good god. i could really blackmail him if that were today.
  • Essex County
    Options
    Nice day. You walk around taking pics of your booze and then start drinking your lunch. And you post it all here just to show off. Am I envious? Damn right.
    Paul
  • stike
    Options
    hahahaha

that's exactly what happint, pauly-boy.
    hahaha

in fact, i just noticed it was four o'clock, and there's no way in hell i'm working an hour of overtime today. six hours of work is ENOUGH. i'm not frigging superman.

hell. you have it pretty good too, man.
    you don't seem very high-strung....
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    A bottle in a brown paper bag suits me just fine.
  • stike
    Options
    i try to spread the wine-love, man. ...you know how crappy that other '57 was. rrrrrrrats.

i need to trick you into opening more of that fabulous '86. hmmmm
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    It's Bud Light or Corona for me (hic-up) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

3-7abts004.jpg