Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

King of Coals! Help

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks or a month ago, time flies on the EGG, you gave me you recipe for wings which I promptly lost. Would you mind reposting?[p]Thanks.[p]B~F

Comments

• Bama Fire, I'm sorry. I just stumbled on this. I rinse the wings well, drain them well, then sprinkle them heavily with fajita seasoning, cayanne pepper, garlic powder, and whatever else you like. You can let them sit in the fridge for a few hours like that, or go ahead and pour on just enough buttermilk to make the whole batch wet and mix it together well. I let them sit overnight like this. Cook them at 350 or so with the dome closed and vents open to maintain that heat. Turn them every 15 minutes until you are sure they are done to the bone. Then remove the top vent or leave the dome open and turn them until they have a dark crust on the skin. Don't be afraid of the cayanne. I used it heavier last time, and I still didn't have "hot" wings. The fajita seasoning and buttermilk seems to be the magic.