Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hot chicks without toes

lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
looks slow around here so a couple of pics to get the week started

food012.jpg

food015.jpg

food020.jpg

food014.jpg

food018.jpg

Comments

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Looks delish Bill....Now the juices are flowing so I gotta go get something to eat.Haven't tried a whole bird yet, sure looks good.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    Hi Bill
    My only concern when I see the pic's of raw or under cooked poultry over a dish, is there contimination of that dish? I have seen this many times, and having had food poisoning several times from under cooked poultry I'M SCARED. How do you prevent this from happening?
    Thanks Doug
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    hey bill, looks really good.yum- yum. so, have you figured out how to do that on your mini? lol.
  • lowercasebill
    the by the time the chicken is cooked to temp the veggies and the juice that dripped on them are cooked to temp as well. in addition to the thermopen, i also make sure the juices are clear and if not i cook a bit longer. i have not had a problem except once, when i filled the veggie pan too full and there was no air space around the chicken and the bottom of them were not cooked enough so i turned them over and cooked till done .
    bill
  • lowercasebill
    i will take that as a challenge and see what i can do. will use a teeny corninsh hen and take close up pics ot make it look large
    bill
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    Thanks for your response.
    Doug
  • lowercasebill
    no problem , this is an easy cook easy clean up and adaptable to a wide range of chicken parts veggies and flavors. it is a weekly cook at my house.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    "looks slow around here so a couple of pics to get the week started " Dang bill was 7am when you posted that. Some of us have to sleep sometime! :P Chicken doesn't yave a chance around you does it and I kind of miss the toes. Its so "billish". Every time you do that chicken it seams you add another kind of veg to the mix. Be sure to pick up a couple young hens when we head to Mexico. They'll do good with the calf! :laugh:

middleapril08023.jpg
    middleapril08024.jpg
    middleapril08025.jpg

Irises are strange this year. Guess where I redid yhe beds late. They are coming out a few at a time. Most years they do it all at once and would be gone by now. Roses are budding and shouldn't be long.