Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Belgin White from Anhuser Bush

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Came across this at my local purveyor and for $11.99 a twelve pack.Any sample tasters out there?

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I'll give it a try.Send some down this way please :laugh:
  • Darnoc
    If you are going to be at Waldorf let me know and I will bring some samples.
  • "Sparky"
    I wish I could make it.I have to wait till eggtoberfest ;)
  • Darnoc
    Sorry.I did not mean that I was sending samples out.What I meant to say has any one tried it out.That was a big mistake on my part and I just have to cancel the Waldorf trip because every one is going to be looking for a sample..Just might have to give the Bud distributor that covers the Waldorf area and bring some of that new brew down there.
  • "Sparky"
    I have not seen this.Does it taste like beer.I love beer :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :laugh:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I've seen it around AB's offices here in STL. I'm pretty sure they brew all of these specialties in the RPB, the Research Pilot Brewery, here. Our company's CEO is married to the gal in charge of the RPB...I'll ask him if he can score a six!
  • Darnoc
    Where is Strike when you need him? Made a run back to the Beer Depot and picked up a six pack just to sample it.The typical coolers keep the beer to cold so I will have to wait till the temperature drops about eight degrees and will give a report.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    they should figure out hoe to brew a decent beer first, then branch out into other styles!

wahaaa! sorry. couldn't resist!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Have not seen it around hear yet. They have an Octoberfest out that reminds me of a Moosehead or Rolling Rock and fine Porter :woohoo: :woohoo: ! My favorite. Very dark and rich with a supprising creamy finnish for a mass produced American brew. At 6 bucks a 6er its as cheap as regular Bud by the 6er in glass. If it stands up to there recent specialty brews it probabbly be good for what it is. Not really sure what a "Belbin White" is.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    First, you have to realize that Anheuser-Busch is not a beer company, but a marketing company that happens to manufacture a product. The brewmasters at A-B know how to make all those beers you're talking about, but marketing drives things there, not brewing.
  • Darnoc
    I thought I would wake you up! For the big three or whatever to try promote a "new brew" makes me think buyer beware. I tried it out and they tell you to pour out all of it except the last 1/2 inch in the bottle then lay the bottle flat surface and roll it around then pour it over the top of the glass to get a foamy head.All I can say for Bud is to wake up and take lessons from Sam Adams and a whole lot more of micro brewers out there.Summing up.You get what you pay for.Let the small craft guys keep up the good word and scr-- the macho giants trying to get their spot iin the market place by false claims about their "new batch of whatever".Beers to all and have a good night.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    those brewers choose where to work....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Put it on Ice and wrap in plastic...FedEx has overnight delivery.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241