Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White BBQ Sauce Chicken

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I made some excellent boneless, skinless chicken thighs tonight.
100_8210Medium.jpg

I've heard about white BBQ sauce but I've never tried it until tonight. It's definitely different and good! You Alabama folks might just be on to something :silly:

Here's what we did.

Seasoned boneless thighs with perfect poultry rub from "Smoke and Spice" by Cheryl and Bill Jamison.

Made this clone of the white bbq sauce from Bob Gibson's in AL.

Got my large BGE to about 325 with some Jack Daniels chips added for smoke. Placed the seasoned thighs on the raised grid extender and let them run for 5 minutes. Flipped the thighs and let them go another 5 minutes.

At this point, "dip and flip". That means dip each piece in the sauce mixture...
100_8206Medium.jpg
and then flip again for another 5 minutes.

At 15 minutes, dip and flip one last time, cooking the thighs for 5 more minutes.
100_8204Medium.jpg

At 20 minutes, shut down the top and bottom vents. Let the thighs sit in the egg for 5 more minutes or until done (insert your FDA temp recommendations / juices run clear comment here)

This was a hit with the adults and the kids. Tasted juicy and excellent.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments