Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Big Chops

TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
edited 9:09PM in EggHead Forum
4-11-08_chops_1_web.jpg

Back in Augusta for Masters weekend. Did some big bone-in pork chops.

Shakin' the Tree, Clove, and Turbinado (added post-sear). They ain't your momma's pork chops.

4-11-08_chops_2_web.jpg

Here's to Tiger makin' a move on Saturday . . .

TRex

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    You're a brave man spending Masters weekend over there.

Chops look awesome.

Here's to Phil making a move Sunday :P
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Hey, glad you got to get some good eggfood. No momma's chops here her's where fried because, you can't get pork done enough.

I think Tiger is having a hard time.

Mike
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,476
    Aw man Jason. That's what I'm talkin about!

Holy yowza. I check in to look at a couple minutes worth of stuff and I see this! What a beautiful use of a really, really hot charcoal fire. I can almost taste it from here, but I'm sure it was better than I can imagine. That musta been a really nice eat.

Not bad pics either ;-)
    Beersmang!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Beauty, TRex. Nice grill marks.
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    Hey, I'll pull for Phil any day!

CHeers!

jason
    Nice lookin' crispy chops you got up there, Mike! Doze ain't yo mommas either!

Cheers,

jason
  • FIRE!
    Hey Chris - really hot indeed! Kind of let the fire go crazy while watching Tiger at 18. Suffice it to say I'm fresh out of knuckle hair once again. Leftovers for breakfast with some cheese grits.

cheers buddy,

jason
    Gracious!!

I destroy gaskets, therefore I am. :woohoo:
    :evil: fire izzz gooood! :evil:
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Just goes to show ya. You can TRex all sorts of things. Chops are one of my favorite things to grill and yours look exceptionally good. Enjoy the left overs.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    You truly excell TRex...those are out of this world.......the photos are the best.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    W-w-what's a "gasket?" :side:
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Hey JF--excellent-looking chops! You're not messing around with the heat, either! You put the sugar on after the sear? What was the roasting temp? I'd be afraid to burn the sugar with that kind of heat.

Thanks, man!
    Thanks Mike - in my opinion, and properly cooked chop is just as juicy and flavorful as a good prime steak.

Happy Saturday,

jason
    Hey thanks, Beli. You've been cooking up some beautiful looking food lately as well, my amigo.

Cheers,

jason
    Thanks Mike - I put the Shakin' the Tree on before the sear and the clove and turbinado on after the sear to prevent it from burning. The roast was at 400 so the turbinado just slowly melts into the meat at that temperature. Makes for a nice sweet "glaze" almost.

Cheers!

jason