Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Fajitas

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just had me some left over Brisket strips on a couple of tortillias and it was GOOOOOOD. I must have been out of my mind or under the influence Sunday when I thought my sixteen hour cook brisket didn't turn out good. Oh, it was juicy and tender and looked pretty but it lacked something which I defined as flavor. Well, something happened because what I had for lunch today was just about the best brisket I have ever eaten. I'm going to try to remember what I did and write it down so I can do it again. The secret must be to let it rest a couple of days. I can do that. One thing is for sure, the Egg came through again. I just had to tell somebody who would appreciate my joy.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• ChicagoQ
    ChicagoQ Posts: 20
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Egg-minds must think alike 'cause I put out a pile of tortillas with my egg'ed brisket last saturday night for my friends and it was a big hit. With the different sauces on the table, plus two types of baked beans, plus some dill pickles and slaw, people assembled lots of different combinations of bbq-brisket tacos and loved them...[p]And right you are, the leftovers get better every day...

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Howdy! Brisket really is good the next day. 'Course it is also shweet on the same day! I am doing a little flat tommorow when WooDoggies comes to visit. Gonna be dousing it with Qfan's new brisket baste. Maybe we will be lucky enough to have some leftovers to play with. The twins realy dig brisket sammy wiches. Fajitas could be the way to go though![p]I can definitely appreciate your joy!
    Great report. Dang...honing in on beer thirty arent we.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • AZGator
    AZGator Posts: 24
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I had a little leftover today too! I like to sautee some onions, add the brisket, scramble some eggs, and throw in some cheddar. Another use is in stroganoff. I'm going to start cooking an extra brisket just to use for leftovers.
  • Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Spring Chicken, Hey, I for sure appreciate your joy. Nothing like a good Brisket. I too have found that briskets seem to taste better after a couple of days. I guess the flavor seems to "desperse" a little more evenly.[p]Marv