Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Kelly Keefe for the onion tip!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday it was an 8 lb turkey breast that I had brined 24 hours in a fine brine recipe I had gotten from Dr Chicken. While that was the third time I have used that brine and knew the results would be perfect I added one more twist. Kelly Keefe has suggested throwing an onion on the coals to a) drive the neighbors nuts and b) for the flavor it imparts.
I'm here to tell you both will happen. Try it if you haven't before and it will make a believer out of you. I just used a large peeled white onion cut in half. Thanks Kelly!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    RRP,
    I'd say you're welcome, but it wasn't my idea. I read about it here on the Forum! The Forum RULES!!! The Forum RULES!!![p]Seriously, I was looking back on my now 1 year with a BGE. I cannot begin to believe how lucky I've been. I've learned one hell of a lot of things about cooking Q AND, as an added bonus, "met" many new, good friends to boot. It doesn't get any better than this and still be legal. Grin![p]Kelly