Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza

Options
BBQonJ
BBQonJ Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a pizza stone at the Florida Eggfest and took my first run at pizza last evening. It was a learning experience. I now understand the advice of many wiser and more experienced than I on cleaning the egg completely, too much unexpected blue smoke at the wrong time. :( Also left it on just a little too long and crust got "a little too crisp". :blush:

The egg came through in the end. Over all the pizza was still properly cooked even if a little smoky in flavor.

100_0868.jpg

Comments

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Not a Pizza Eggspert but that rascal looks pretty darn edible to this pizza lover.
    Bob Alex City Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Congratulations, that first pizza is a big moment in a cooks life. It looked better than my first.
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    looks pretty good to me. the whole idea of baking a pizza in a wood-fired brick pizza oven is to get some of the smokey goodness from the wood, otherwise, people would just use the oven.

even used lump burning perfectly clean is going to add a rustic, old world flavor to the pizza. there's no comparison to an electric oven or gasser baked pizza.

some lump adds more smoke flavor than others... what type of lump did you use?