Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - looking for good electric knife

Q-rious TomQ-rious Tom Posts: 116
edited 9:17AM in EggHead Forum
There's just one of me to cook for.

My local grocery runs very nice specials on things like whole pork loin or beef tenderloin - and I tend to take the cryovac pac and lob it into the freezer.

I'm looking for an electric carver or slicer that will handle frozen pork loin, so I don't have to thaw the entire hunk of meat just to do a stuffed loin roast.

Suggestions?

TIA

Tom

Comments

• Not electric but you might check with Stihl.
    Sorry I couldn't resist. :whistle:
  • Cut it before freezing and vac. seal it. If you are determine to cut frozen meat I imagine a new hacksaw that you use for meat only would work.
  • Old SaltOld Salt Posts: 357
    BamaBackdraft wrote:
    Cut it before freezing and vac. seal it. If you are determine to cut frozen meat I imagine a new hacksaw that you use for meat only would work.

That's what I use for ham bones and such.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,718
    ive got an old meat saw that would work for that i think, try looking up meat saw. mine came out of an old us cavalry pack. if it can cut thru bone it should handle frozen meat.
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,368
    Hey, Fishless....Are you sure bout how that saw was used or where???? Back then the doctors were called SAWBONES. Remember old weasterns. Saws were used to cut .... well think bout it. LOL Miles out.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,718
    it came in a monster cavalry canteen roll, knives were gone, but it has an egg beater that could easily whip up several dozen eggs at once, atleast i hope its an egg beater.
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,368
    You are funny.....stay cool...Miles out.
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,971
    and able to take nourishment!!
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    did you bump your head? ...or stand up too quick?
    whatchoo tawkin about, crazy man?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,971
    Unwelcome Stepchild? Sounds like you . . . hehehehehe
  • KeithwwKeithww Posts: 62
    I use a Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife never used it on a frozen loin, but it is sharp and powerful. What about getting the meat cut to size, the using a home sealing system. I've been known to season a few steaks or chicken, bag it freeze it, then let it thaw in the ice chest while on vacation. Dual purpose, part food, part ice pack.
  • Not Stike he is in MA, I am in GA & I use punctuation.
  • Soory, I should have added, I am a regestered member & have never been asked who I am. I have not argued or said anything derogatory about anyone. Just try to help. Ask an occasional question and enjoy cooking, especally on my egg. Just took off two pork tenderloins for tonights dinner. Time to go eat.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    you might use punctuation (actually, i use punctuation quite well, it's capitals that i see no great need for most times), but i are a goodly speller than you. ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Correct you are sir. I have always said the only reason I can spell my name is I have a birth certificate to use as a chead sheet. A hint is you are about the only person who speaks to me.