Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Idea's for Homemade Egg Nest??

Options
Big-R
Big-R Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my large egg yesterday (Very early Fqather's Day present). Set it on some bricks to do my first cook (filet's at the boss's request). Firemaking went well and learned bunches about temperature management.[p]However, SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) has requested her man to build a suitable stand/housing/nest for the new member of the family.[p]Can you point me to your tried and true favorite homemade stand. I am fairly handy, having built my own shop and have plenty of tools so the sky's the limit. [p]Thanks for your time and help...[p]Big R

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Big-R,
    Check the Naked Whiz's website and details of his table construction project. I think he adapted the plans for the table he got off the BGE website. While mine lives in a nice tiled table, a friend had his carpenter build our tables. (I'd still be talking about building it.) Lots of folks have done creative things. Check the member profiles with pics attached for some ideas.
    Congrats on the first cook!

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    image-display?photo_id=621797&size=md
    <p />Big-R,
    Congratulations. You made a good decision. You are also doing right by asking for ideas. Lots of folks on the Forum have come up with some really good ideas. Being as though the "sky's the limit" you should be able to combine those ideas to meet your specific needs. My BBQ Center above is made with cedar and covered with ceramic tile. I added the gas grill because I thought I would use it. I haven't used it yet. The Egg is King. I do like having a large work surface but the large size of mine makes it impossible to move around when I want to. Let me know if you need any more info and I will e-mail you some photos.
    lmcmillin@houston.rr.com[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    home.jpg
    <p />Big-R,
    Here`s a shot of mine. I believe I got the plans from GFW`s website, sorry I don`t have the link on hand at the moment. This table is obviously portable, not overly large, a stock BGE cover fits the whole thing..and it only cost me about $75 in materials. Feel free to E mail if you would like any details...[p]Wess

• Charcoal Mike
    Charcoal Mike Posts: 223
    Options
    outleft.jpg
    <p />Big-R,[p]Here's a pic of mine. You can see more shots at the link below.[p]- Mike

[ul][li]Mike's Egg[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Big-R,
    Here's ours. We still haven't gotten the door on the front, other projects keep popping up. Maybe that will get done soon.

[ul][li]Brick Enclosure[/ul]
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Shelby,
    how can I get to the site you suggested....Naked Whiz?
    I'd like to see those plans...Thanks

• Unknown
    Options
    Bob,[p]Here ya go:
    [ul][li]The Naked Whiz[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Eggtopia,
    I changed my website over to www.nakedwhiz.com about a month ago. I deleted the old site, but apparently geocities hasn't deleted it yet. Please reference the new website, since the old one will eventually disappear. Here's the link to the new cart page:

[ul][li]The Amazing Adventures Of Whiz Flash-Burn And His Way Cool Technicolor Barbecue Cart[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • JodyMo
    JodyMo Posts: 46
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I used some ideas from TNW's page when I built my table. Just finished it a few days ago and it turned out nice. One thing to note on TNW's page: he points out that the wheels couldn't handle the weight. Well he is right. I thought I could get away with "lawnmower" wheels and I can tell after just a few days that they cannot handle it. Go ahead and either build a non-moving table or plan to buy more expensive wheels...
    JodyMo

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Big-R,
    Hopefully, this gave you just a few ideas for your own. Now, as soon as I learn to post a pic, I'll be able to share mine!

• Unknown
    Options
    WessB,
    Wess instead of using that flimsy aluminum pan under your bottom opening try a stainless steel "Emesis Basin". I have a 8 1/8" that fits the large BGE perfect and looks good to. The website is below:[p]www.esportshealth.com[p]Pass it on!!