Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Big Green Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
due to an death in the family, we have a lightly used large big green egg, stand, lots of accessories.... Any idea how much we should sell it for? We are in Louisville Kentucky

Comments

• One can get a brand new Egg at one of the Eggfests for about $580-600. I bought one several years old off of Criagslist for $400. A dealer will sell a brand new Egg with Nest for $700-$750. Those are your price points. I would suggest somewhere between $450-$550.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    A large, used one day, with a nest, is available at the Waldorf Eggfest for $589

I have no ideas what accessories you have, but that should give you a place to start.

Sorry about your loss.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Seajayy,
    You posted this on a site that is not read by many any more.[p]Go to the link to see the responses.
    Bob

[ul][li]http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=427212&catid=1[/ul]
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    Options
    I bought a large yesterday that included a platte setter, pizza stone, nest, nest mates and cover for 500. I thought I got a very good deal. It was used 4 times.
    Hope this helps. Sorry for you loss.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Seajayy, I have a neighbor in the market for a large. We are in North Alabama and would have to drive and meet you. If the price is good, he may be willing to talk. Shoot me an email to geneandtania @ bellsouth.net[p]Gene

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Seajayy,
    I live near Bowling Green and am in L'ville on business all of the time. I would be glad to stop by sometime and give you some idea what your LBGE and accessories are worth..drop me an email at sah54@logantele.com. Also, your post was on the 'old' forum, click the 'exit to new forum' link above to see more responses. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Eggtucky

• thanks Virginian.. Very helpful! Now can you find me a buyer? :)
  • thanks to everyone for the suggested prices and condolences. We are in the process of settling the estate and getting as much as we can for my mother in law as well as offering the Egg at a fair price. If you know of an interested party, please contact me at hermarosa@bardstown.com
  • Thanks!
    Forgive me as I am not a BBQ-er or smoker, but there are 3 large unopened bags of charcoal (I can't remember what you call this type, but it is NOT the brickets with starter fluid), 3 smaller bags of wood chips (can' remember what kind of wood), chimney, vinyl cover, 3 side shelves for the nest (that's what you call the stand, right?).
    I also found a box with a BBQ Guru - power draft controller in it. A friend who does competitve BBQ tells me it is worth about $100. There is a brand new stainless steel set of BBQ tools.
    We just keep finding more stuff, so may know more tomorrow as we will be having an estate yard sale.
  • Thank you everyone!
    The egg has found a good home in Alabama.

Happy Smoking to you all and thanks again!

Seajayy :laugh: