Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb

Gloria
Gloria Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had a small, boneless leg o' lamb cooked on the Egg for 1.25 hours at 325F. It was in a string bag and I made slits in it (the meat) and inserted slivers of fresh garlic, then marinated it for about 45 minutes in balsamic vinegar, MSG, salt, pepper. (Would have been better to have done this overnight but my twin Granddaughters were here and I didn't plan ahead enough.) Have cooked lamb many, many times and in all sorts of ways, but never has any been as good as that cooked on the Egg. We let it rest for about 10 minutes, then sliced it for gyros, had roasted rosemary-garlic potatoes, a salad. Well, what can I say? I think I will add the Egg to our home owner's insurance policy!!!!! Or maybe get a Rottweiler and put it in the pool area to protect this baby.

Comments

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Gloria,[p]Sounds great! If you like it a little more grilled-style, try it unrolled, at 350, 12 minutes a side, to an internal temp of 135. Phenomenal, with smoke all through the meat.