Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Small Egg - Accessories

KCKC Posts: 91
edited 8:57PM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to input and advice from many of you I have decided to purchase a small egg to go with my large egg. For those of you who have small eggs what are your recommended "must have" accessories? Thanks.

Comments

• PharmeggistPharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Hi KC,
    I would recommend buying the plate setter :) I like to bake in my small egg. It works great!

Happy Egging, Pharmeggist
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I would recommend that you get a hold of Chubby and get his Grate Mates

With the new small PlateSetter you have the ultimate versatility when cooking on the small.
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    I egree..platesetter and grate mates
  • RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    I recommend the platesetter, a 5 quart cast iron dutch oven ( I got mine from Bass Pro made by lodge) and a 12 in removable handle cast iron skillet. Mine was made by charbroil. I've been looking to buy a second one.

I've thought about getting the Grate Mates, but haven't made the leap yet.

The most important accessory though is a bottle opener.
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Like Pete and the others said, the grate mates is one of the first things to get. I order mine threw chubby hell of nice guy and he will hook you up. Just watch out for that guy Pete. LoL
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,366
    Please a picture of the Grate Mate. Thanks Miles.
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Here you go, Pete allready had a link below here. CW he is a allright guy, just have to know him. I must be still tired or something. lol

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/gratemates/gratemates.htm