Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker

Options
smokey bottom boy
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
has anyone had any expierence with the stoker? specifically hooking it up to a laptop to monitor grate and food temps. My guru works great on the large, but i melted one of my gurus
last year and am looking to replace. Not exactly the most computer savy and was just wondering the difficulty involved.
thanks much
tim

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I had a minor difficulty and had to send mine back, but Rock took care of the trbl. I'm just starting to find time to cook with it. If I ever figure it out I'll be happy to give you a shout!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Smokey bottom boy,

I have both the q2 and the stoker.

The Stoker won't seem as easy as the guru as there is more involved. However, once or twice using the Stoker you will find pretty simple to use.

The provided instructions walk you through the pc set up. It only takes a minute or so. Wireless is a matter of having a acces point (wireless router) that the stoker plugs into.

Once hooked up to the computer wired or wireless, one can change the settings temps at he computer and is a real nice feature.

GG
  • Katodude00
    Options
    I can help here. Lots of experience doing this. First tell me how you plan to hook up the Stoker? Direct to your computer, or through a router?