Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh...if you could smell these!!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Neighbors comming over for a coffee and dessert party tonight.

Geez...that Scharffenberger Dark Chocolate comming off the Egg is enough to push me over the edge!!

P1010027.jpg

I must sample...(only as a precaution) since the "Neighbs" are due in a few hours.

P1010038-1.jpg

Quality control...right!!

Evans
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Since I can't taste or smell them I have to ask:

WHERE IS THE RECIPE :woohoo:

Please, please share............
  • Chubby
    Options
    EggsByTheBay 2007

Ann Tabor...aka
    "Chubby's Chick"

Intensely Fudgy Brownies

8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (Scharffen Berger or Valrhona 70% bittersweet is delicious)
    8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
    12 tablespoons butter + extra for pan
    2 cups sugar ½ tsp. salt 4 eggs 2/3 cup flour
    ½ tsp. vanilla
    1-1 ½ cup chopped nuts

Set up Egg for an indirect cook and stabilize at 325 degrees,( about 375 dome temp) making sure you have a well established, "clean" fire. Prepare a 12" round cake pan by buttering the sides and bottom and lining w/parchment paper for easy removal of brownies.

Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler setup (large glass or stainless bowl set over saucepan of simmering water). Once chocolate and butter mixture is smooth, remove from heat. By hand, beat in the salt, sugar, vanilla and eggs one at a time. Add the flour and stir vigorously until the batter become shiny and pulls from the sides of the bowl. Stir in nuts, and turn mixture into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.

Evans

PS...I'll add a pic of what I think is the best set-up for baking brownies on the Large...just give me a bit to find it!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    HEY!!! We're "neighbors!!! Just kidding. I don't want to get around you until you're completely cured of whatever ails you. I've had just about all the medical treatment lately I can stand.

Enjoy...

Spring "Chocolate Tester" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Didn't I eat some of that at Eggtoberfest? Dang, that looks amazing.

Great rib pic below as well.

jason
  • Chubby
    Options
    I think you did...Ann made a batch, and so did I, but I spread some Raspberry Chipotle sauce on mine as they were cooling!

I really dig the dark chocolate and rasp/chipotle' sauce.... together!!

Evans

PS...
    Thanks for the picture dap!!
    That's big!!...comming from "T-Lens"!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You are so bad. I don't remember getting one of those in Hotlanta last year. :(
    You going to go to Oklahoma?

Mike
  • Chubby
    Options
    Just one small detail...

You weren't there last year!!!

Keeping you straight...

it's a full time job!!

Evans
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Some people are just to picky about details.
    Hey if you are going, give me a shout next week. I will attempting to pick up BH Raspberry Chipolte. Along with Finishing Sauce.

Mike
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Now I'm really bummed you missed the eggfest. We missed you and your skills, Scott
  • Chubby
    Options
    I know there are various baking set-ups used...but these Brownies, and some other "flourless" type Cakes and Breads we do are dense,(and in this case... Fudgey)!
    Since they don't rise a lot...they take a while longer to cook through.

P1010001-9.jpg

Protecting the bottom and sides from burning, (while waiting for the center to firm up) is the reason I like this set up the best!!

P1010002-4.jpg

Even...radiant heat (from the top and bottom) is what you want, and this helps a bunch.

Evans
  • Chubby
    Options
    Scott!!

I owe you an apology!

I did get your last note,
    and as you know, planned on making the Fest...but got sick, so... no fun for fest for Evie'!!

I'm finally...finally, starting to feel a bit better...and my head and chest are clearing up a some!!

I'll fire you off an email tonight!

Evans
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    No sweat bro. Glad you are back in action. The brownies are killin' me. Write me when you can, Scott
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Glad to see ya back on the board...Best to you and Ann
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    If I was close enough to smell them I would be close enough to eat them. Your company would only have a few crumbs to feast on.

Nicely done.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Evans looks great, wish I had some grate mates to make something like that. But maybe someday I will get a surprize. How you feeling now. I am thinking twice about Atlanta now, I picked up a camper.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the info. I can't wait to try these...... :P