Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning the ceramic liner

Msmith
Msmith Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Should you clean the ceramic liner or not...if so HOW!!! I have bar-b-que sauce on the liner---should I clean or just let go...[p]thanks for your help.

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    m. smith,
    Had Mr. Egg for three years and have never cleaned the inside...liner?... if I think cleaning is in order then I crank the big guy up to 1000º for 10 - 15 minutes and BONGO! As clean as I'll ever need him.
    Type "A" personality?[p];>)

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    m. smith, Except for lower fire bowls my eggs are shiny black including the inside of the dome. I think the disservice to newbies are the ad pictures of pristine white interiors. the only cleaning can be done as said - let it burn off sometime if it really gets bad.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    RRP,[p]This was just be fore the first cook...
    S09_29_9917_43_05.jpg
    This was two years ago...
    03_27_0009_41_04.jpg
    And it hasn't gotten any cleaner - I'm a firm believer - it will clean it self! :~}

• Gfw,
    Thanks for your help and your pictures!!! Great info---Experience is our best advice!!![p]msl

• Msmith
    Msmith Posts: 21
    RRP,[p]Thanks for your help...Black sounds great to me and experience with one also...Sure wasn't looking forward to trying to keep it "WHITE" on the inside but did not know if it would affect the cooking.[p]Thanks again and keep on grilling!