Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter diameter

Options
Cap'n
Cap'n Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know the diameter of the plate setter (circular top)? Does the increased diameter of the 'other' green pizza stone pose any issue with airflow for hot, fast bakes (not low and slow)?[p]By the way, my first 7lb boneless butt is 14 hours in and stable at 270. Went to bed at 250 - at 4am it was steady at to 260 - 8am fast at 230 - tweaked the daisy and now holding steady at 270 - internal at 174...salivary glands in full steam.[p]Thanks to WooDoggies for the hand delivery of my first egg - and all the tips. A nod of tribute to CW for his fire making method - it was flawless. [p]Also thanks to Qfan for breaking her in so nicely at the fest - WD had nothing but high praise for your dizzy ribs - and I know this egg will treat me right.[p]Cap'n

Comments

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Cap'n,
    The plate sitter for the large is about 12 3/4 inch diameter on the circular section. Over the legs it's about +/- 17 inches (kinda hard to check over the 3 legs).
    B D