Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rookie help

Options
akabubba42
akabubba42 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just now ordering my first egg. Please advise what accessories should I buy right away? Thanks,
Randy

Comments

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    1. plate setter
    2. plate setter
    3. plate setter
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Plate setter, extended grid, grid lifter, ash tool, and last but not least a Themapen. -RP
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    What is the dealer including??
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    What has been suggested here is a great start. After a few cooks and reading the forum you will soon learn what accessories you will want to pick up.

Don't forget to pick up some staarter cubes or learn to use the oil/napkin for starting the lump.

A lot of us are assuming you will be getting some accessories with your purchase to include lump.

GG
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I use the grill extender more than anything else. The V-Rack is probably second. Altho I do use the platesetter, if I want an indirect cook most times I just use a drip pan. But with the place setter, you can then use the pizza stone. A grill grabber comes in handy. At first I started fires with the fire starter cubes, but soon switched to a weed burner. Its faster and more fun than the starter cubes.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i was told by a competition cook to buy a thermopen first and it was my only eggcessorie for a long time and i use it in the kitchen, for making bread, for making latte's indespensible in my opinion