Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin with Dr. BBQ Big Time Rub

Options
ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grilled at 375* direct until 150* internal:

pt1.jpg

pt2.jpg

pt3.jpg

pt4.jpg

pt5.jpg

Juicy!

Enjoy,

Comments

• Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    looks great but....Why not indirect?? Takes a little longer but doesn't get scorched..
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    Biscuit wrote:
    looks great but....Why not indirect?? Takes a little longer but doesn't get scorched..

I like to cook them indirect too, but sometimes I want a little char on 'em.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Sear direct first... 650-ish

Then roast indirect...

Ya get the best of both worlds...

;)

~ B

BTW -- I use DrBBQ's rub on all my pork roasts.

~ B
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    ViennaJack,

Those look great to me. I too like Dr. BBQ's rub but I have been using Bad Byron's Butt Rub lately.

Where do you live in Vienna? I grew up there and really miss it. When we moved there in 1970 it was called the "Largest town in Virginia". My father was transferred back to New Orleans in 1984, but I was in school in Atlanta and stayed there till about 8 years ago when I moved down to NOLA to help my Mom out.

Steve
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    bayouegger wrote:
    ViennaJack,

Those look great to me. I too like Dr. BBQ's rub but I have been using Bad Byron's Butt Rub lately.

Where do you live in Vienna? I grew up there and really miss it. When we moved there in 1970 it was called the "Largest town in Virginia". My father was transferred back to New Orleans in 1984, but I was in school in Atlanta and stayed there till about 8 years ago when I moved down to NOLA to help my Mom out.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I live near Navy Federal Credit Union, off of Electric Avenue, about 1.5 miles south of Tysons Corner.

Seeya,

Jack