Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken leg quarters

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have 8 chicken leg quarters to do. Any suggestions as to good recipe for this? Time and temp?[p]Thanks, [p]Ray Price

Comments

• Charcoal Mike
    Charcoal Mike Posts: 223
    Options
    Babyray,[p]Yes! Here is a recipe to a fantastic recipe my grandfather used to cook on one of the old red clay eggs when I was a kid. The recipe works well with chicken parts, quarters, or whole chickens equally. It's a bit of a pain to make (I just keep the rub already made), but the results give a unique taste unlike anything else I've ever had.[p]- Mike[p]
    [ul][li]Grandpa's Chicken[/ul]
  • Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Babyray,[p]Here's the way that I've been doing chicken parts lately:[p]1) Soak the parts overnight in buttermilk (at least 6 hours).
    2) Rinse chicken and pat dry just before grilling.
    3) sprinkle with Durkee's Grill Creations St. Louis style chicken and rib rub.
    4) Grill at 350-375 and sauce with Sweet BabyRay's Original BBQ sauce(no pun intended).[p]This is the best dang chicken I've ever done! [p]HTH,
    --Kevin[p]