Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scallops and salad.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cast iron pan, EVOO butta and seasonings.

scallops5.jpg

Finished and ready to eat.

scallops6.jpg

I'm working on some serious food for after parties.

Mike

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Hey Mike...been thinking about doing some scallops..how long and what temp did you cook those??...I'm off work again Friday thru Monday so starting to plan my weekend cook again... right now I've got pizza th night, crispy chops fri night, pulled beef sat night, strips sun night and shrimp/ribeye kabobs mon night..but might swap the shrimp for scallops ;)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Good God, your menu sounds good for the weekend.

Temp was about 350 direct. I put EVOO in the pan. A whole stick of butta. Waited until the butta was bubbling. Added scallops and seasoning of choice. Depends on how big the scallops are. About 10 minutes tops.
    You can never go wrong with shrimp.

Are you hooked on those crispy chops like me? Some dang good eating!

Mike
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    definitely hooked on the chops!..when I polled the family for this weekend's cook I think I got a unanimous request for those chops!!..besides..my last stuck a bit and I wanna fix that and I forgot to try the dang bbq sauce cuzz we were so hungry when they got done!!..heh
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    You did a great job. Now, I'm going to have to cook some this weekend. Like I said, try a little bbq sauce. On the wings, it is fantastic.

Mike