Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How Do I Change My Handle

Smokin' In TallySmokin' In Tally Posts: 18
edited 5:04AM in Forum Feedback
When I go into the details for my profile and change my handle I get an error that the e-mail address is already is use when I choose update.

Is there any way to change my handle for an existing login id / e-mail address?

Thanks.

Comments

• WMKWMK Posts: 1,747
    Smokin' In Tally,

I found an old, unconfirmed, profile called "Smoke In The Nole that was imported with the same email address as your current profile. I disabled it and changed the email to something invalid.

Try editing your profile again.
  • I would like to change my profile ID but keep the same email.  How do I do that?
  • Wait... @WMK are you saying your handle can be changed?
    Just chillin' and lovin' the eggin' life! Facebook • My Graphic Design Website
  • I would like to take the space out of mine so people can do those @ things. No idea what they do but I want them

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I found it's easiest to loosen the nuts on the band and the handle will come right off.  I'm surprised you haven't thought of that.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,296
    @WMK‌ are you a moderator?
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • Guys this thread started about 6 years ago.  @WMK was last active 3 years ago.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• WMK is the moderator/tech guy for the old forum. You see his post is from '08

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DobieDobie Posts: 2,296
    OK zombie thread LOL
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    Did he get canned for being responsive?
    WMK is the moderator/tech guy for the old forum. You see his post is from '08

not is but was...he bailed out several years ago
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Sorry I was confusing him with Wayne.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,826
    Sorry I was confusing him with Wayne.

no problem, buddy. I'm pretty sure that WMK was actually Bill and Brenda Miller's son and even his wife sometimes popped in as a moderator - then when they bailed Wayne became the main mod.
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • RRP said:
    Sorry I was confusing him with Wayne.

no problem, buddy. I'm pretty sure that WMK was actually Bill and Brenda Miller's son and even his wife sometimes popped in as a moderator - then when they bailed Wayne became the main mod.
    Right, they 'bailed' because Brenda originally became the moderator here when the other forum wouldn't update per BGE's requests
  • bcsnavebcsnave Posts: 1,010
    I found it's easiest to loosen the nuts on the band and the handle will come right off.  I'm surprised you haven't thought of that.
    Ahhhh..."hey good buddy"...this here is the rubber duck...how do I change my HANDLE....that's a big 10-4

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI