Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Roasted zucchini recipe?

edited 4:25PM in EggHead Forum
Someone had recently posted a roasted zucchini, squash, peppers, onions reicpe here and I cannot find it now. It was buried under another heading somewhere. I know that it looked REAL good at the time. Can anyone help?
·

Comments

• Headhunter,twas me, we do this all the time. take zuchini and yellow squash, slice lengthwise 1/4 in thick. slice bell pepper, vidalia onions, mushrooms. mix all these together with a little olive oil. place in a foil lined pan. put 1 stick butter, 4-6 tbls. of worcheshire sause, garlic, salt, pepper. place in egg, indirect heat for approx. 1 hour at 300 or until what i call half done, that is half cooked, not squishy, still a little firm. serve over rice with whatever you want. good eats. another good one is take the same above veggies and cook them direct over heat until halfway charred. 5 minutes before taking up, slice some roma tomatoes lengthwise and put on grill. take everything up and make a sandwich on a nice long french bread, or cuban bread stick. brush a little olive oil on bread, layer veggies and hold on for a great and healthy sandwich. also put some provolone cheese on bread.

·
  • slicktop,[p]Holy crap that counds good!! I'll be trying it tonight![p]Thanks a bunch

·