Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mr Toad's Pork Loin

edited 10:47AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I cooked my second pork loin based on Mr. Toad's method. I purchased a whole pork loin sliced it twice length wise and then cut it into three sections. My problem is that it took almost 3 hours to get the inside temp to 145 at 350. My first time took 2 hrs and 15 mins. All of the posts I've seen indicates that a time of 1 hr and 45 mins to 2 hrs is adequate at 300. [p]Does anyone have any idea why it is taking so long. My thermometers check out OK.
·