Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky instructions

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been using an egg for about two years now, (best investment ever!!) and I have never attempted beef jerky. Could someone help me with a good directions for brine....ect..
Thanks in advance, Pat

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Pat,
    For my first jerky, I cheated and bought a $2 packet of jerky marinade/brine at BBQ's Galore. It turned out really nice. Then I just spread it out on the grid, cooked at 170-180 degrees until it looked like jerky (many hours), and voila! The only thing I would do differently is make more. I did a 4 pound london broil cut into strips. It covered the grill one layer thick. I think I will invest in some pizza screens so I can stack them and do more at one time. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Pat,[p]Follow the link to 20 years worth of info........ [p]I have been making jerky for over 20 years and have put all my recipes and techniques on my jerky page. There is a link to more recipes at the bottom of the page.[p]Post back with any questions or feel free to e-mail me.
    [ul][li]Stogies Jerky Page[/ul]
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    jerky.jpg
    <p />Pat, The link is also a good recipe. I add honey and teriyaki sauce to it and it comes out great every time. The Naked Whiz's comment about screens is a good idea. You can make a lot more at one time and thats good becauce it doesn't last long it's so good. Have a great day.[p]Chuck <><
    [ul][li]Jerky[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    IMG_0248.JPG
    <p />Pat, I make it about once every three weeks - check out the link and good luck! :~}

[ul][li]Beeg Jerky[/ul]
  • Gfw, Thanks to all for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes.......Pat.[p]
  • Chuck,
    Where do you buy the screens?