Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A lil' something for everyone

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I always get asked "Why do you always change the seasoning?" so half of the pork butt steaks are dedicated to the "old standby" seasoning method (kosher salt and some Benoit's seasoning) for The Boss and the kids, and I've got the other tray setup with an older brand of Cajun/Creole seasoning I used to use alot (Konriko,) some DP Dizzy Dust/Swamp Venom, and some JH Pecan Rub. That was the last of the little sample of Swamp Venom, and I've grown to really like that seasoning, so I'll be putting in an order for some more shortly.

I've got 14 lbs of pork butt to prepare to put on the cooker around midnight tonight so that it'll be ready for dinner tomorrow sometime. Maybe I'll put it on earlier, because they look to be about 7 lbs each.

IMG_9453.jpg
IMG_9454.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    BB,

Are you going to stack them?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Hey Steve,

I'll be trying to get everything as flat as possible on the LBGE. I'll use the grate extender for this, and I believe that all the smaller cuts can fit on the upper deck, with the larger cuts squeezed in on the lower rack. I'm planning on using that configuration indirect with a dome temp of about 250 to be maintained by the DigiQ.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    BB,

Pork steaks are going to cook a lot quicker than a butt. I usually do them for about 4 hours to 170. I believe CWM has a recipe or some picks.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks good Mike. Set me a plate I think I can get there before the butts are done. An astronaut confirmed the time in reverse but I wont wear a diaper :laugh: :laugh: .
    On my Way
    Pat