Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone brined a ...

Spoofer
Spoofer Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if any of you have brined a pheasant or wild duck. Wild duck can be dry if you don't cook it right. Just wondering.[p]spoof

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    spoofer, Only wild geese and turkey, but IMO, any fowl can be improved via the brining. Try it and let us know! There may be some advantages of the additives to the brine per species. Others may know for sure..
    C~W

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Char-Woody,
    u have brined and smoked a wild goose? Hmmmm...that gives me an idea.
    The next time i see a flock fly over my home destined for da' South, i will throw a rock to knock one down, then brine 'dat baby, then low and slow it.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Smokin' Todd, Ya, a buddy dropped off two fresh still kickin geese that I had to hurry and defeather. Boy did I have the ground covered. I wanted em whole for a first time. (less cavity parts) Brined em for about 36 hours and then did em at 300 degrees just like a turkey. They were great! C~W[p]

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Char-Woody,
    I have to try that! What about squirrels?..there are so many of them around here.[p]