Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHUCKS n BUTTS Winter Weekend Cook-LOTTA PIX!!

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow, this weekend started out simple...before I knew it I had burned 12 lbs of beef, 12 lbs of pork, 6x cheeseburgers, made a pot of Brunswick stew, fixed fanned taters, and smoked veggies..phew!..this has been like work!..hehe...
Started with the beef chuck roasts rubbed w/3 different rubs..Friday morning fixed pulled per Clay's recipe...
e4a3e0d0.jpg

Had jus started to snow when I put them on...
f6b3340e.jpg

'About' 12 hrs later the beef is potted and ready to eat..
54c88bf5.jpg

Meanwhile I started the pork butts..this time w/2 rubs..
dd56bcf8.jpg

Got up to winter storm warning..same shot about 24 hrs later..
863e87d3.jpg

Same butts about 18 hrs into cook ready to foil and rest....
a38441f8.jpg

by now i've lost complete track of time and had WAY too many drinks..but we got em pulled and ready to eat..
5179705c.jpg

Finally plated with pulled beef, pulled pork, fanned taters and egged veggies..
3e27a56a.jpg

dem..forgot to make pix of the brunswick stew..but got it done and ready for a family gathering tomorrow...still gotta make some corn bread to go with the stew tomorrow morning..phew!...I'm ready to go back to work Monday!!.. :P

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Good Job. :cheer: That is alot of food to be cooking in one weekend. I only have one 8Lb butt on since 10:30 this AM. Gonna post a few picts later.

Happy Eatin
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    yeah..kinda got carried away knowing I was gonna have the new SBGE to go w/the LBGE and cooked a bit more than I meant to..got plans for it all though!! :cheer: :)
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    All look great plus drinks too. :woohoo:
    Just wondering how the ventilation is in there?? :huh:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Sure looks good. Maybe all that snow wasn't all that bad.
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Good looking food. The view out your "cook shack" is awsome. Don't get snow but about once every ten years and that will shut us down for a day or two. People will run to the store and hord food like its the end of the world.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Ventilation is no problem..have plenty of open screened space..the only thing I am considering is adding a vent hood just to keep from discoloring the ceiling above which is at about 9ft, but over time I think will be a problem...
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    yeah..same here really..we saw this one coming and stocked up Thursday..the stores here were swamped and out of stuff by Friday...schools out, churches and businesses closed.. all that..heh
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Are you packing for the winter?? :blink: :blink:. Great pic's ,thanks for sharing but winter's almost over. :laugh: :laugh: . Just kidding with you, if you had neighbor's like mine you dont get to save anything. Like you I like alot of cooks back to back but drives Mrs. Pool crazy :woohoo: :woohoo: . Great pic's, I'll have to show them to the neighbors (do you mind if I give your ph # & address???

Pat
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    hehe..dont mind at all..if they wanna come to KY have em stop on by!! ;) ..yah started out Friday thinking I'd make some burgers on the new SBGE, stopped by the butcher Thursday afternoon and came away with 100 bux of prime meat..lol..I'm such a pushover..he gave me 2 free 1 3/4 inch prime strips jus to make me feel better I think!!...he loves to see me comin.. easy money!! :blush::whistle: :pinch: ..thx for the compliments on the pix..but mine still suck compared to Rick and other's I see on this forum..I gotta get a better camera and a tripod..I've had too much to drink in the last 24hrs to hold a camera steady!! ;):whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    My neighbor's are mainly old & cheap but not that smart. With your address they will spend $200 in gas for a $10 meal. They have tasted the egg food (think I can claim them on my taxes) and will line up at your door if I show them your Pic's. I'll hold off for now but if it get's too bad I'll send a few your way. :laugh: :laugh:

Pat
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    FlaPoolman wrote:
    My neighbor's are mainly old & cheap but not that smart. With your address they will spend $200 in gas for a $10 meal.
    Pat

hahaha...that's hilarious!! :) :laugh: :ohmy: :P :woohoo: :lol:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Wow! Everything looks delicious! I'll be taking vacation with the kids this week, so there'll be plenty of time to experiment with the eggs this week.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Thx BB..I'm giving most of it to family and friends...and the stew is for a family gathering today..but I'll be saving enough beef and pork for some great leftovers...pizzas..etc ;)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Holy cow, you've been a busy boy. Do you have enough warm bodies around that place to eat all that up? Excellent pics, B TW.