Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"Best lamb I ever had." -- Wife

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited 1:43PM in EggHead Forum
I really like boneless leg of lamb, but I've never been very successful in making it on a barbecue. It always comes out dry and tough. So even after a year of Egging, I finally tried it for the first time.[p]Bottom line: major success. I followed the recipe for "balsamic garlic rosemary" lamb in the BGE index, word for word, and it was amazingly tender, juicy, and flavorful. [12 minutes on each side at 400; remove at 130 internal and let it set for 10 minutes before carving.] I used several oak wood chunks on the fire, which added a great Smoky taste without being overwhelming or bitter.[p]Here were the keys, I think: (1) the high heat/short time technique; (2) the remote probe meat thermometer, which told me to take it off at 130 degrees (lower than many recipes call for); and (3) letting it set for 10 minutes before carving, which caused it to continue cooking a little bit before carving.[p]This would be a great recipe for a crowd -- just make three of these and slice them up!
·