Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Check

Options
bbqmyway
bbqmyway Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Where oh where is the spring chicken this morning. After all those plumbing check he must be satisfied that all is well and is able to sleep in.

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I'm here...was sleeping pretty hard because I just finished my work at about 12:30 this morning. Thought I heard the phone ring and just rolled over, then it rang again. Good old development team overseas calling for assistance. Anyhow, I'm up now and will start planning on what to cook on the eggs today.

SC usually sleeps in on the weekends...
  • bbqmyway
    bbqmyway Posts: 64
    Options
    Sorry about that. Apparently you do shift work as I did for over 30 years. Fun isn't it!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    I'd love to do shift work! However, in the business I work in, it just isn't possible at this time. I work for a certain computer manufacturer based out of Round Rock, TX, and we get called, paged, emailed--you name it--around the clock by people from around the world.
  • hiloboy
    hiloboy Posts: 75
    Options
    i'm here can't sleep :( all is will here i Hawaii at 1:30 am having a little night rain to cool things of and thats a good thing...
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    You guys are fortunate there in that you don't have to deal with the Daylight Saving Time shift this weekend. Does HI still stay on a single time zone after the new law last year? Or do you have to change now?
  • I have a friend and fellow egger that is in the same basic line of work with PC's and phone systems. He doesn't get awaken at all hours but he travels a lot. Called him with a question the week and he was in Vegas (training???).
  • hiloboy
    hiloboy Posts: 75
    Options
    no we don't do daylight saving same time year round...
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Ywaaaaaaannnnn! Hi Guys...

I switched to Zombie Mode last night. It has a built-in "sleep-walking" feature that permits me to check the plumbing without actually waking up. It worked.

However, I'm having trouble switching back out of Zombie Mode so I may have to return to the recharging device to finish out the cycle.

Maybe later today I will fire up the Egg for a happy meal.

Say Good Morning Leroy.

Spring "Sheets In The Wind" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    aahh..it's a fine morning in eggland...6 inches of fresh snow on the ground and the LBGE is still stokin like a freight train! Finished the first part of my weekend cook last night on the small at about 12:30am, about 12 lbs of pulled chuck roast using Clays recipe..taste tested it at about 12:30 right before hitting the sack..it came out eggsolutely eggilicious!!..the large is still going this am with about another 12 lbs of butt on the plateau at 166 internal...gonna drink a lil more coffee and then make some sausage and eggs on the small and sit and watch it snow..life is good! ;) :blink: :woohoo:
  • Spring Chicken wrote:
    Ywaaaaaaannnnn! Hi Guys...

I switched to Zombie Mode last night. It has a built-in "sleep-walking" feature that permits me to check the plumbing without actually waking up. It worked.

However, I'm having trouble switching back out of Zombie Mode so I may have to return to the recharging device to finish out the cycle.

Maybe later today I will fire up the Egg for a happy meal.

Say Good Morning Leroy.

Spring "Sheets In The Wind" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

"sheets in the wind " poor mrs chicken!. you should have taken care of that when your were checking the plumbing... :silly: