Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well??? Which came first??

PhilsGrill
PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I still don't know...

chickenegg.jpg

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    I'm not sure, is that Mark Twain or Albert Einstein in the sunlight up top on the left, front tree....
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    most paleontologists concur that an oviraptor close in resemblance to today's modern chicken developed some 250 million to 300 million years AFTER the development of the egg as a method of reproduction.

just sayin....

(by the way, i'm just kidding. i fully expect our resident expert on all things under the sun to google the real answer and correct me!)

let's see that thing cooked!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    It is my understanding that I, Spring Chicken, have not and did not materialize from a standard egg. But I have been perplexed by this question for a very long time and decided to go to the Internet for an answer. There are many points of view but this one seems to satisfy my need to know.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question85.htm

Spring "Out Of Nowhere" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    I concur with Stike. Most evolutionary biologists like Richard Dawkins believe, "The chicken is the egg's way of creating another egg."

And as good Eggers we all know that chickens may come and go, but the Egg remains...

Bob V
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Alas google has failed me on this one.. I even asked Ask formally know as Ask Jeeves and they failed too.

Out of the primoral ooze flowed the basis of all life as we know it today. That ooze flowed and formed into:

BIG GREEN EGG
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i just made up my answer when google fails, i default to pure bullsh!t
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    The Egg, of course. What good is a chicken without the Egg??
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with ****...

As for the subject Question: The Egg came first. Something was needed to cook the chicken.