Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing ribs

Options
Kansas
Kansas Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just put on a pork butt and trying Ken Stone's Gilded Splinters rub for the first time. As I was preparing this, I got to thinking that a bunch of old college friends and I are going on a fishing trip to Minn. this June and I promised to smoke some ribs for the first night's meal. I will have to prepare them the weekend before and freeze them. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to freeze and then heat to serve. How about sauce. I like mine dry, but always sauce some of the ribs at the end of the cook for those who prefer it that way. Do you sauce them if you are going to freeze them. Appreciate any suggestions.
Kansas

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Kansas,
    I haven't personally done so, but I'd vacuum pack (foodsaver)after cooking and reheat on a grill, after thawing of course, and sauce at the end as you might normally do. Or in a pinch, if you have access to pot of simmering water, heat in the foodsaver bag and sauce on the side. Or bring your egg if possible and do them up fresh at the campsite and really impress the gang.
    Good Luck
    Painter